Senior Sales Manager
Marriott Hotels - Huntsville, ALQualifications
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Senior Sales Manager is a fully competent individual who has experience in the sales process and functions of a hotel. The Senior Sales Manager is a career sales professional and a top producer within hotel sales who has demonstrated through performance a commitment and expertise in direct sales. The Senior Sales Manager also works as a team member with the sales and catering staff and is in close contact with assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff. Solicits, through direct sales and marketing contacts, the most complex accounts, which exhibit potential for business. This role may take on leadership functions and assist Director of Sales & Marketing with projects
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing room, banquet, and room rental revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- 3+ years of group sales experience in the Corporate/SMERF/Association Market
- Must have experience at similar size and quality hotel.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Advanced knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.