Holiday Inn Express - Hammond, IN
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of the hotel facility, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. The ideal candidate will be well organized, goal oriented, and looking to be part of an exciting team in order to further the significant growth the hotel has achieved in its market.
- 2-4 years in a hotel or building maintenance role, at least one year of which was in a supervisory capacity.
- Ensure all Company and Brand standards related to the hotel's maintenance, upkeep and safety are achieved.
- Develop, implement and effectively manage the department's budget, capital expenditures and engineering related objectives.
- Develop, implement & direct all Emergency programs. Ensure a safe environment which protects the assets, guests and all hotel associates.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained. Conduct inspections & drills, ensure compliance with all codes and regulations.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
- When required, be available at the hotel during bad weather conditions.