Marriott Hotels - Huntsville, ALJOB OVERVIEW
Hires, trains and directs the banquet staff in servicing all banquet activities in order to ensure a successful function and repeat business.
Director of Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Supervise the set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware according to event order specifications. Visually inspect function rooms and equipment prior to functions for cleanliness, proper inventory, and set up.
- Verbally communicate, in a calm, positive demeanor, during the course of the function with the kitchen, service, beverage, convention services, and engineering staff, as well as the guest host to ensure timely execution of events, quality service, and adherence to all applicable federal, state, local safety and health regulations and corporate standards.
- Supervise clean-up of function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
- Enter billing information into point of sale/automated sales system in order to generate a final guest check. Process payroll for each event which includes calculating number of hours worked and gratuity distribution.
- Check staff attendance according to schedules, adjust and reassign server stations, as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware. Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local health and safety regulations. Ability to grasp, lift, carry or transport up to 50 pounds. Ability to operate various food and beverage equipment present at a function. Ability to set realistic goals and standards.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day. '
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance. Every associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.