* Coordinate group room blocks.
* Manage all pre-arrival and post departure tasks.
* Conduct hotel site tours for walk-in guests if Sales Manager is not on property.
* Assist with administrative tasks.
* Provide the highest quality of service to the customer always, set example for immediate and hotel wide staff.
* Take inquiries and walk-ins that come into the hotel for group and/or meeting room business in the absence of the Sales Manager.
* Handle all social inquiries and social business walk-ins.
* Assist with administrative tasks.
* Must be able to analyze business to make profitable decision for the hotel whether it fits, quote rates and quote room rentals.
* Responsible for preparation and distribution of all outgoing correspondence pertaining to your property from the
Sales Manager/Director of Sales i.e., faxes, proposals, contracts, thank you letters, regret letters,sales kits, comp night certificates.
* Must have knowledge of Brand Systems and use daily for all group and transient business.
* Responsible for all meeting room events booked by Director of Sales as follows: prepare banquet event orders, send out banquet event orders to clients, greet all meeting room & social event contacts prior to events, advanced payments, direct bill authorizations, credit card authorizations, check-in with contact during breaktimes, lunch and after the event.
* Group maintenance for property Director of Sales call for rooming lists, enter rooming list, route charges, release blocks after cut-off, watch blocks to see if we need to increase or decrease block when reservation method is individual call-in, enter final pick up in Brand System.
* Preparation and distribution of 10-day packet BEOs & Group Resumes.
* Post Meeting Room charges.
* Make all direct bill reservations and apply to direct bill account.
* Handle all group special requests Shuttle requests group & individual, amenity form distribution and follow up, reservation cards.
* Responsible for sales file maintenance.
* Make sure collateral is in stock. Bring to attention of Director of Sales when running low on any collateral.
* Knowledge of front desk check-in, check-out, answering phones, transferring calls, making reservations, etc.
* Maintain close relations with the top accounts.
* Monthly visits to clients you deal with regularly to thank for business. Often will be joint calls with Director of Sales.
* Assist Director of Sales in planning of property specific sales blitzes and client events.
* Involvement in community activities and hotel programs.
* Clear understanding of all selling strategies set by Revenue Manager to ensure revenue maximization.
* Use of all Marriott Tools franchise source, e-tools, Marriott Rewards program, MarRFP, MRDW, MARSHA and OneSource.
* Attend and participate in weekly sales, staff, bi-weekly revenue meetings, monthly regional meetings and other meetings as assigned.
* Attend any brand required training as well as Ascent Hospitality required training.
* Inform General Manager, Director of Sales, and Regional Director of Ops. of potential opportunities/concerns with clients.
* Responsible for knowing respective hotels emergency procedures.
* Carry out reasonable request by Management that you can perform.
* Cross sell opportunities between cluster properties.
* Comply with company policies and procedures.
* Be knowledgeable of occupancy, average rate and RevPar goals.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Highly responsible, reliable, and ethical.
* Well organized and detail-oriented.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
* At least one year of prior hotel experience
* Command of the English language both written and verbal.