The Executive Chef is responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standers.
* Plans menus for all food outlets.
* Schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
* Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
* Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
* Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
* Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
* Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
* Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
* Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
* Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
* Perform other duties as directed.
* Culinary Degree or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, committees, suppliers, members, and employees.
* Computer skills: Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
* Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
* Certificates, licenses, registrations: Certificate of completion from trade school. Driver’s License.