Catering Sales Manager
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for catering sales activities and events through initiation and development of quality leads to ensure growth of catering sales. The Catering Sales Manager has the primary responsibility for assisting in the financial success and customer satisfaction of the catering department.
• Solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, referrals, tradeshows, sales missions, internet prospecting, etc). Prompt and competent follow-up on leads/referrals, and networking in order to maximize revenue to meet and/or exceed individual and team sales and revenue goals.
• Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts, business and travel industry accounts, community organizations and professional associations to maintain high visibility and increase market share. Responsible for building Relationship Strategy and driving customer loyalty by delivering superior service throughout each customer experience. Able to successfully close profitable business and achieve revenue targets.
• Conduct property site inspections with potential customers. This involves walking client throughout property and grounds while performing an oral presentation of facilities and amenities. Be aware of hotel features and benefits, operations and competitive strengths and weaknesses to assist customers in their buying decisions.
• Develop and implement creative sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market/account trends.
• Ensures the assignment of all groups and functions, as well as, the accurate and timely communication of event needs to conference planners and operations team.
• Increases account revenue and/or operating profit contribution by promoting ancillary spend and creating other opportunities for growth. Up sells and makes creative suggestions to clients.
• Maintain accurate, legible records and files consistent with sales and catering system. Create and distribute effective internal and external communication (written and verbal). Prepare and maintain sales related reports.
• Regularly visit and shop the competition to stay abreast of their rate strategies, clientele and any changes in facilities, services and market position