Assistant General Manager
* Assist the GM in managing the operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Ensure that the arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are conducted in an efficient and friendly manner.
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct associates in details of work. Observes performance and encourages improvement.
* Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
* Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
* One year experience in customer service in hospitality or similar industry.
* Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
* Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator and computer to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
* Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderatelyma complex computer system.
* Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Command of the English language both written and verbal.