The breakfast bar at a hotel can be an overwhelming experience, especially if you’re watching what you eat or just want something light. It’s easy to overeat with a buffet of food in front of you, in a variety of assortments and flavors.Not to worry, we’ve come up with 7 easy combinations that you can put together to add an “at-home” feel to your breakfast.
- Blueberry Waffles- Jazz up your waffles by adding fresh blueberries to your waffles. Simply smash the blueberries into a puree’ , then strain mixture into the waffle batter. Although this may sound messy, all you need is a spoon and a cup. You get the blueberry flavor in your waffles without the hassle and cleanup. Jazz your waffles up a step further by adding almonds mixed with a pinch of brown sugar for a blueberry- almond streusel topping. You can also use Nutella and almonds instead of syrup.
2. You can also enjoy healthy no-carb options. Start your day off right with almonds from the oatmeal bar, a hard boiled egg, and a hot cup of green tea for caffeine and digestion.
3. If you’re into breakfast sandwiches, you can create your own. Grab a bagel from the pastry section and toast it. Add eggs and bacon or sausage, cheese optional and you have your own breakfast sandwich ready to go. Add salt, pepper, jelly or hot sauce for seasoning.
4. Oatmeal- Add fresh fruit, like strawberries, blueberries and bananas to your morning oatmeal for a little flavor and a pinch of brown sugar for a bit of sweetness.
5. For Southern-style cuisine, if potatoes are available, mash them together with maple sausage (if your hotel doesn’t have maple sausage, mix sausage with one tablespoon of maple syrup), or bacon crumbles, cheese and eggs and you have a hasbrown bowl.
6. For something fun and enjoyable for the kiddies, mix fruity pebbles with pancake or waffle batter for funfetti pancakes and waffles.
7. Fruit Parfait- Layer yogurt, blueberries, strawberries and granola with a pinch of brown sugar and you have a beautiful parfait.
We know you will love our breakfast combos and we can’t wait to see what you whip up!